A lot of people with thyroid problems experience hair loss. While thyroid hair loss is not an indication that causes any pain, it can have emotional effect, as no one likes to lose hair. This holds true for men and women, even though it typically affects women more than men with regards to this emotional outcomes.
What Causes Thyroid Hair Loss?
Thyroid hair loss is usually caused by a hormone imbalance. While thyroid hormone is the main hormone for people with hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, but an imbalance in the steroid hormones can lead to hair loss.
For instance, an imbalance in the hormone of estrogen or testosterone can lead to hair loss and these hormonal imbalances are common in people who have thyroid problems.
This is exactly why prescribing thyroid in the case of people who has hypothyroidism problem, or anti-thyroid drugs for people who has hyperthyroidism issue will not always cure with their thyroid hair loss.
Thyroid Hair Loss
How To Cure Thyroid Hair Loss with Natural Treatment Methods
To heal thyroid hair loss, first of all the cause of the thyroid problem needs to be defined and called out. This is the goal of any natural thyroid treatments. Usually, if you choose not to take a natural thyroid treatment, and if your hair loss issues are caused by an imbalance in thyroid, then this problem could be repaired by your endocrinologist.
Meanwhile, if your hair loss problem involves an imbalance of the steroid, endocrinologists usually will not look at these issues, and hence such an imbalance will usually go unaddressed. In this case, eating better, taking special hair loss supplements and herbs, and modifying your lifestyle sometimes can perfectly fix a hormone imbalance.
If there are other factors besides a hormone imbalance is responsible for the hair loss, then these factors also need to be addressed. For instance, if you are experiencing hair loss due to taking a medication, you need to consult with your doctor about this so he or she can give you an alternative medication that you can consume.
Another choice is to find out if there is a natural option to the medication you are consuming. For instance, if stress is causing your hair loss, then you need to do a better job of carrying out the stress in your life. In this regards, nutritional deficiencies causing hair loss need to be found and repaired.
While there are a list of supplements which can potentially help with thyroid hair loss, bear in mind that it is best to talk to your doctor to get checked for any nutritional deficiencies.
Below are a few nutritional supplements that might be able to help with your thyroid hair loss:
• Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Even though these vitamins do not directly cause hair growth, they considered contributing factors for anybody looking to grow hair.
• Amino Acids. Studies demonstrate that L-lysine and L-arginine could stimulate hair growth. You can choose to consume this nutritional supplement in certain hair loss treatment product such as Har Vokse, or by eating foods such as poultry, fish, and legumes.
• Primose Oil. This is a special supplement that may help with thyroid hair loss in people with hypothyroidism. Health experts suggest that taking Primose Oil was responsible for stopping hair loss, including for people with a thyroid problem suffering from hair loss.
In summary, thyroid hair loss in fact can be healed by following a natural treatment method.
Just bear in mind that usually there are other causes of hair loss which might be a factor and hence one cannot merely take for granted that the thyroid condition itself is main factor for their hair loss.
supplement for thyroid hair loss.
Hypothyroidism: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Latest posts by Mike Handler (see all)
- Hair Loss Story: Julia Survives Her Severe Hair Loss - June 3, 2017
- Variety of Hair Loss Treatments (Drugs) for Men - May 21, 2017
- Vitamin Supplements for Natural Hair Loss Treatment - May 19, 2017
Get Updates and Discounts
Get updates and special DISCOUNTS. Simply enter your email below.
Please check your email to confirm your subscription.
Something went wrong.