What is actually alopecia areata?
Alopecia areata is a medical term to refer to a head skin disease that could influence hair-bearing skin and is characterized by its localized zones of non-scarring hair loss. Alopecia areata is rarely related to any external or internal medical problems.
Alopecia Areata Facts
- Alopecia areata is a hair fall condition which usually affects the head scalp
- Alopecia areata usually causes certain patches of hair loss
- Alopecia areata can affects both male and female
- An auto-immune disorder, which is the immune system attacks hair follicles, is considered to cause alopecia areata
- A number of treatments are known to aid in hair regrowth
- Many treatments are promoted which have not proven to be of benefit.
Treatments to Stop Alopecia Areata
How to stop alopecia areata?
The case of typical alopecia areata is not predictable with a very high likelihood of spontaneous occurence. Basically, the longer the period of hair fall and the larger the zone involved, the less likely the hair to regrow. Because of this fact, there are a variety of hair fall treatments, but none of these can completely be predicted to impact the case of alopecia areata.
However, superior hair fall treatment product, steroid injections, creams, and shampoos or fluocinonide for the scalp have been used for years.
Like many chronic disorders in which there is no absolute single treatment, a variety of hair fall treatments caused by alopecia areata are encouraged. Yet, there is no single effective method of prevention, although the elimination of hair fall is considered to be very helpful.
Meanwhile, although not substantively a hair fall treatment, the cosmetic surgery of alopecia areata is certainly can be an important consideration for people with this severe hair fall problem.
This is primarily due to the fact that the damaging emotional effect of significant hair loss caused by alopecia areata can be very destructive for both men and women.
Click here for our recommended treatment to stop alopecia areata.
Alopecia areata – American Academy of Dermatology
Alopecia Areata: Learn About Symptoms and Treatment – MedicineNet
Latest posts by Mike Handler (see all)
- 5 Types of Hair Loss Most Experienced by Men - January 4, 2019
- The Benefits of Laser Hair Removal - December 8, 2018
- 9 Ways Women With Receding Hairlines Can Prevent Future Hair Loss - November 22, 2018
Get Updates and Discounts
Get updates and special DISCOUNTS. Simply enter your email below.
Please check your email to confirm your subscription.
Something went wrong.